A Production ready PCB must take into account the various machine automated processes it will undertake during the manufacturing process.
When laying out a PCB for production, please take into account the following inclusions in the design file.
Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Ensure that components on the PCB are all in the Bill of Materials (BOM)
- If a component is not required - enter Do Not Fit (DNF) in the BOM column
- BOM must have a Designator Column for components, i.e SMD, THD, other
- BOM Component Description should be complete, e.g. CAP, 100nF 100V 10% X7R, 805
- BOM should list the Part Number & Manufacturer of each component
- BOM should identify where substitute components are allowed
- There must be at least 3 Fiducials for each PCB side containing SMD
- If SMDs are on both sides of PCB then fiducials are required on both sides
- Fiducials must be on EACH PCB that is in a Panel
- Fiducials must be at least 7.0mm from the outside edge of tooling strips
- Fiducials are normally a 1.00 mm diameter solid round exposed metal pad with a 1.0mm soldermask pullback
- Localised fiducials on fine pitched components (< 0.50 mm) is recommended